Sunday, February 13, 2011

a little behind on the blogging...

The week before last we celebrated Bethany’s birthday! I found the best cake at Firehook, chocolate raspberry truffle cake. We also went to Lauriol Plaza for a birthday dinner. They had great Mexican food.

Bethany and her cake


Last weekend I got to fly home which was wonderful. It was so great to see everyone. We even had the special treat of going to Stoney River one night with the family. It was a great weekend to be home.

This week has been incredibly busy, but exciting. My internship is going great so far. And I turned in my first paper for my American foreign policy class.

Tuesday night we had a seminar where we discussed the ongoing changes in Egypt. It was really interesting to listen to everyone’s perspectives, especially since a lot of my fellow students know more about international affairs than I do.

This week was also full of fun mail! I got letters from Alyson and Nana, a box of Valentine’s goodies from Mom and Dad, and a box from Justin which I can’t open until Monday. The suspense is killing me…

Yesterday I went grocery shopping. It is amazing how much time little things like that take. I tried to plan ahead my meals for dinner this week and buy everything that I would need. I also had lunch with my mentor at Matchbox which is famous for baby burgers and pizza. I took a nap to catch up on sleep from my busy week. And last night Bethany and I went to dinner at Mr. Chen’s Organic Chinese. Then we went to Kramerbooks & Afterwords Café. We shared cheesecake and then went book shopping around this neat, independently-owned bookstore. I found two interesting books on foreign policy to read for my class.

This morning I went to church. It was a really great service and the pastor spoke about how God is love. Since then I have been home working on applications for summer internships, a project, and catching up on e-mails.

Me at Chinatown

No comments:

Post a Comment