Wednesday, March 2, 2011

wizards, midterm, and miracles

Last Tuesday we went to a Wizards game which was really fun even though they lost to the Pacers.

Friday night I went a Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication alumni mixer at the Metropolitan Club. After the mixer a group of us went to an alum's place in the suburbs to hang out. It was really nice to get a little bit out of the city and meet some new people.

I spent a majority of the weekend studying for my midterm which was on Monday. Sunday night was probably the most difficult night to focus because the Oscars were on and were a definite distraction! I think it went really well though so hopefully all that studying paid off.

I also did the usual stuff of the weekend. I slept in a little bit, went to church, went to the grocery store. I have been getting a little tired of the regular-ole ham and turkey sandwiches I take for lunch everyday. So I got creative and bought all the ingredients of my favorite Jimmy John's sandwich, the Italian Night Club. My lunches this week have been so good!

Yesterday we went to General Electric for a seminar about their government relations department. It was really interesting to learn how they incorporate "messaging" into their government relations plan. Things such as advertisements, websites, using twitter and incorporating people at the local level.

After the seminar I met up with my church small group for dinner at Chix which was really good! Then we went to the National Community Church All-Church Celebration at the historic Lincoln Theatre. It was a great night of worship and celebrating God's miracles especially as this church continues to grow and make an impact in DC. I am so lucky to have found a great place to get plugged in in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment