Thursday, January 6, 2011

Apartment Life

Yesterday I moved into my apartment! It is in an old building that has been around for at least 75 years. The building is in a great location on Capitol Hill so I am very close to where my internship will be. Moving in was an adventure because I had so much stuff. I am not a light packer to say the least. I can’t believe we were able to fit so much stuff in the Geo Tracker (the tiniest car ever made). I had to contort my body to fit amidst all the bags and packages in the passenger seat. It was definitely a vision of the “Clampetts comin’ to town.” We got everything unloaded and up to my apartment. I have an amazing view of the Capitol from my window. Our apartment is small, but cozy and full of charm.

View from my apartment


The day before yesterday my parents and I went to the National Archives which was really neat. We have been unable to go before (last time due to flood damage within the building). It was so neat to see the actual documents which founded our nation. The Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Bill of Rights were all safely confined in vaults which you could look in.

Today I have orientation for the UGA Washington Semester Program.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing view, Jessica! I know you will have an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete