Wednesday, January 12, 2011

my new home

My first weekend in DC was a success. I tried to assimilate into the culture of DC as I found my way around and where all the basic necessities are. On Saturday, I went to Union Station which is full of great shops, a post office, and restaurants. Then I went to the Eastern Market which has a farmer’s market on the weekends so there was tons of fresh produce, meat, bread, and cheese. I also had breakfast at the Eastern Market. I had an egg BLT which was delicious. My last stop was the nearest Starbucks where I began to dwindle my gift cards from Christmas on expensive coffee and enjoy.

On Sunday I found a church to go to! It is a part of National Community Church which has many locations in DC. They invited all Capitol Hill staff and interns back for a lunch which was a great opportunity to meet people. They had Chipotle for us which I absolutely love and never get to eat at home. After church, my roommate and I found the nearest Target. We decided that we have quickly turned into city girls who take the metro and our own shopping bags.

This week I started work. After my third day, I am absolutely exhausted. I am not a morning person and waking up early for work is definitely a challenge. On Monday after work I also had class which makes for a super long day! But I am adjusting to my new schedule.

Last night we got another small amount of snow! It was so beautiful. This morning I had to carefully find sidewalks without snow so I wouldn’t slip. I never thought when I came to DC that Athens would see more snow than I would! But we only got an inch here. I am sure there will be more to come…

1 comment:

  1. it is quite funny that the snow DC got was so little considering Cobb schools have been out all week! No school Thursday either...but I saw that further north was hit hard, so count your blessings! Keep up the posts...it is fun hearing about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete