Saturday, January 8, 2011

Orientation Days

Orientation has kept me incredibly busy the past few days. On the first day of orientation, we were able to take a tour of the Capitol. It is an amazingly beautiful building. The best part of the tour was a sound pocket in the old House Chamber. From one side of the room, our tour guide whispered, “what’s that coming down the track…” and we could hear him on the other side of the room! We were also able to watch members of the House make a vote from the House gallery.

Inside the Capitol rotunda


My roommate, Bethany, and I with Crawford Long from Georgia


That night we walked from the Capitol through the Mall to the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. They were beautifully lit up at night.

The Capitol


World War II Memorial


The second day of orientation we were split into groups and my group got to explore Foggy Bottom and Georgetown.

Me at the White House


Today there is a dusting of snow on the ground! My first snow in DC!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will write about this later, but what is you job? Where and for whom will you be an intern? What an opportunity! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you decided to start a blog! I can't wait to keep up with your travels all semester long! By Alpha Gamma Delta, it means Alyson...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica when do you start your internship?

    Love,
    Aunt Teresa

    ReplyDelete